How do I contact the academy?

Telephone: 01724 842608

If lines are busy or out of hours you can leave a message on our answerphone.

Email – info@wrpacademy.org.uk

We use School Gateway for sending emails and text messages to parents. An app is available for parents to download – please contact the academy for more details.

What do I do if my child is absent from school?

Please telephone 01724 842608 to report absence, by 9.15am on the first day of absence.

Please contact the academy on each day of absence. 

What do I do if my child has a medical appointment during the school day?

Wherever possible, appointments should be made outside of school hours, however where this is not possible please inform the academy in advance of the appointment. This can be via a letter, telephone call or at the Main Office. You will also need to see the appointment card/letter. You will then need to collect your child from the Main Office at the allocated time. 

What do I do if my child needs to take medication during the school day?

Please bring medicines to the office where you will be asked to complete a medicine administration permission form.

Longer term or more complex medical conditions will require a Health Care Plan to be completed. Please contact the academy to arrange a meeting.

All medication must be handed into and collected from the Main Office by parents/carers. Children must not be given responsibility for medication. 

What do I do if my child has an injury (eg a broken/ fractured limb) and will need additional assistance in school?

Please contact the academy and we will arrange a meeting to assess your child’s needs and put any necessary support in place. 

What do I do if my child needs time off during term time for exceptional circumstances?

Please collect a leave of absence form from the main office to be completed and returned to the headteacher at least 7 days before the start of the holiday. Please note that leave of absence for holidays will not be granted. 

How do I pay for school dinners, visits etc?

All dinner/trip money should be paid via the app or sent into school, in a sealed envelope with the name of your child, their class clearly marked and what it is for. Where possible children should not be given responsibility for handling money and it should be handed directly into the main office. 

Who is the academy’s uniform supplier and where can I buy uniform?

Jumpers and cardigans can be purchased from SPT Uniforms. Unbranded uniform can be purchased from other outlets, such as Morrisons, Asda, Tesco, Aldi etc.  

How do I find out how well my child is doing at school?

Parents’ evenings are held each term for each class where you will be able to make appointments to meet with teachers.  If you would like a meeting at any other time, please arrange this directly with your class teacher or ring the school office.

How do I get a copy of a letter or other documents?

You should contact the school office who will send a copy home with your child