SEN Link to Local Offer
What is the SEND Local Offer?
The local authorities and other services must set out a Local Offer of all services available to support children who are disabled or who have special educational needs and their families. The local offer will enable families to understand what services they can access and what support they can expect from a range of local agencies, including from the local authority, health services, schools, leisure services and the voluntary sector. The offer will include provision from birth to 25, across education, health and social care.
Knowing what is out there gives you more choice and therefore more control over what support is right for your child. The local offer provides information on a number of things, including:
- Special educational provision
- Health provision
- Social care provision
- Other educational provision
- Training provision
- Travel arrangements for children and young people to schools, colleges and early years education
- Preparing children and young people for adulthood, including housing, employment and leisure opportunities.
The potential outcomes of the Local Offer are:
- To provide clarity and confidence for parents.
- To support earlier intervention.
- To reduce the need for assessment.
- To identify need and gaps in provision.
- To provide an evidence base for improving progress and securing better outcomes, at school and local level.
This report forms Willoughby Road Academy’s local offer in terms of what we can offer children with SEND in or via the school. This includes how we can provide access to other organisations, but more specifically what support the Academy will offer directly to pupils and parents.
For more information on the Local Offer from the council please click on the link below
SENCo – Mrs B Solly, 01724 842608, firstname.lastname@example.org